We only have our
Color Theory Workshop
available for this summer.
Following the description below is a link to pay
for the workshop and to register.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited to 12 students per session.
- ArtAcademy is designed for children ages 4 to 17. Note that there are separate classes for different age groups.
- Children under the age of 12 must have adult supervision.
- Registration is only available online.
- Payment is required upon registration.
- Payment does not include art or other supplies. Supply lists and Amazon cart links are provided for each session above.
- Registration for each week will close Monday at noon the week prior to the start date in order to send all links and provide adequate time for students to obtain or gather supplies on time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your child or children have all the needed supplies and materials on hand in order for them to fully participate.
- Dates and hours vary and some workshops are offered more than once during the summer based on teaching artist availability.
- Students may join the sessions from wherever they have Internet access through a computer or tablet (not provided).
- Students should have the updated Zoom app on their computer or tablet for best participation results.
- For most workshops, this includes two hours of instruction per day for the week (stop-motion animation will be four hours per day, the afternoon hours being for “office visits’ with the instructor to answer questions and give assistance as needed; Influential Women and Pre-Columbian workshops will be three hours each day, providing plenty of time for students to work on projects.) Workshops will offer breaks in the middle of the daily sessions, as needed.
- FAM will not provide materials as many students may already have many of the items on the lists. Materials may be purchased from suggested stores or Amazon. For your convenience, we have provided links to Amazon idea lists for each class. Please be sure to purchase or gather the listed materials in plenty of time so your student gets the most out of the workshop.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made within one week of the start of a workshop.
- If cancellation is more than one week prior to ArtAcademy session start date, one-half the paid tuition will be forfeited unless the student’s seat can be filled by a student on the waitlist.
- Please notify us immediately of any cancellations so that a child on our waitlist can attend.
- Full refunds will be granted if the workshop is canceled by FAM. No reimbursement for materials purchased by students will be made by FAM but it is recommended to keep receipts and materials should be kept in original packaging to allow returns to the store where purchased.
During the summer of 2014, students created Dominion Dance with SHINE!'s tony sanders and FAM art instructor Jaydee Pirtle. Students wrote, created props and costumes (some adapted from left-behind Trashique® costumes), and performed. Click here to see the result.
Our student muralists from the summer of 2017, taught by guest artist and educator Erik Gonzalez from the Urbanists Collective.