Auctioneers & Appraisers of Fine Art
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
(Please note that specialists may
take a break during the lunch hour)
The Fresno Art Museum is pleased to present our second appraisal event, giving members of our community the opportunity to discover the value of family heirlooms or treasures found in the attic. Bonhams’ specialists will provide an informal verbal appraisal that will include an estimated value based on what the object might sell for at auction. The value is based on the specialist’s expertise and knowledge of what similar items are fetching in the current auction market. If an object meets the minimum consignment requirements, you will have the option to consign your item to Bonhams for sale at auction. Specialists are from the San Francisco office of the esteemed Bonhams auction house and frequent guests on the popular PBS series Antique Road Show.
Specialists will be available to provide appraisals in the following categories:
• Fine Art
• Fine Jewelry
• Asian Art
• Books and Manuscripts
Maximum number of objects per person: 5
Members: $30 for three items; $10 for each additional item, maximum of 2
Non-members: $45 for up to three items; $10 for each addition item, maximum of 2
All proceeds from this event support the exhibitions
and programs of the Fresno Art Museum.
Things You Should Know:
• First come, first served—NO RESERVATIONS (Be prepared to wait!)
• You must be able to carry your items into the Museum on your own (Museum staff is unable to provide assistance)
• For categories not represented, it may be possible for the specialists to provide photos and details to the appropriate specialist at Bonhams after the event (no guarantees)
• Any consignment agreements are between you and Bonhams; the Fresno Art Museum is not involved with any auction activity
• If you have a family membership or above, up to two persons may each attend the event for the member price ($30 per person, not per membership)
• No written appraisals will be provided
Bonhams is a privately owned British auction house. Founded in 1793, it is one of the world’s oldest and largest auctioneers of fine art and antiques. The Bonhams’ name is recognized internationally throughout all sectors of fine art, jewelry, motorcars, and collectors’ markets.